Welcome- I'm Francene, founder and gift engineer of Monogram Muse, (monogrammusegifts.com) a premium personalized gift boutique, as well as the founder of Hello Beach bags (www.hello-beach.com); and LocateTheLights.com, a public website created to use as a guide for holiday light shows and impressive decorated homes and displays that are free to the public.
I am also a contributing writer/craft editor for The Valley’s Child a publication of the Scranton-Times Tribune.
Tuesday, April 15, 2014
Check out our fun spring crafts you can make with your kids featured on PALive! Materials and Instructions in previous post below.
Take aim at winter with these adorable snowmen snowball launchers for a non-melting snowballs fight! They are a quick, easy and inexpensive to make and the kids love them because they are super FUN!
White, Sturdy Paper or Plastic Cup
White Pom Poms
Black and Orange Permanent Markers
Electrical Tape or Black Tape
1. Cut the bottom part off of your cup.
2. Tie a knot at the end of your balloon and cut off about 1/2” from the other end.
3. Stretch the balloon over the end of the cup. It worked best when we pre-stretched the balloon a few times to loosen it up before trying to put it over the cup.
4. Apply the black tape around the bottom edge of the balloon to secure it to the cup.
5. Draw a carrot nose, two eyes and mouth for the snowman’s face.
6. Now it’s time to do some launching! Just put your white pom pom (snowballes) inside the cup on the knotted center, then aim the cup away from you, pull back on the outer knot and launch away!
You can also use marshmallows instead of the pom poms to gain greater distance, they will fly much farther but may also get lost in your home, so we’d suggest using the marshmallows outside not to leave rotting food under your couch or table!